Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: InstallShield error message

InstallShield error message

[edited from support email]

I am having trouble installing MediaLab on three computers. They give me an error when installing the InstallShield Wizard and are "unable to save file
    C:\\WINDOWS\DownloadedInstallations\{3E948CF9-633D-4DA7-8838-E50C14 Research Software v2008.1.msi" because "the system cannot find the path specified." Is this something you can help me with or should I contact the computer support at my university?

Can you try re-downloading and installing the package on one of these machines and see if that resolves it. It's the easiest and typically most successful solution for issues like this.

tried several things...

I tried re-downloading it on several of the computers, both running and saving the exe file, and saving the exe file on a different computer and transferring it to the problem computers. All of those gave me the same error every time. Should I simply keep trying?

Try going to the main download page. Click on the download package. When prompted, select "save as" and save it to your desktop. When finished, try double clicking on it and see if it installs. If not, try clearing the cache in your internet browser.