Empirisoft Support

Welcome to Empirisoft Support

Thread: Laptop users: what laptop you are using to run MediaLab and DirectRT (case 27138)

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Laptop users: what laptop you are using to run MediaLab and DirectRT (case 27138)

Hi. I'm new here. I posted this in another forum, but I think it's more appropriate here.

I'm looking to purchase MediaLab and DirectRT in order to run some subliminal priming studies. I plan to purchase a button box for precision recording, but I also need to purchase a computer.

I work at a small college so I plan to run everything on my computer, preferably a laptop. I would prefer a Macbook, but I'm not convinced, after reading and trying to understand all the comments people had to say about it here, that that is the best choice.

I am leaning toward the Lenovo laptops, but not sure which one to get. I believe a high refresh rate is something that it's important for subliminal priming studies (~5ms presentation times), but most of the websites I go to (i.e. Apple, IBM) don't seem to post refresh rate information.

Just curious to know what everyone else is using and if you can share any interesting, useful setup.

TIA
    Last edited by jason_reed; 06-09-2017 at 08:31 AM.