First public release of MediaLab v2012. Posted March 16th, 2012.
Changes, updates and bug fixes included in v2012 are documented here.
As we continue to update v2012, all licensed users will have free access to the new releases (as well as any earlier versions). Announcement of new releases, feature additions, bug fixes and other updates will be regularly posted here.
Most of the changes in v2012 reflect our efforts to bump up MediaLab's compatibility with the newest versions of Windows (Vista, 7, 8) while maintaining compatibility with earlier versions such as XP.
Some other specific changes of note:
IP-base licensing no longer requires the user to deal with dll files. When departmental, school and campus wide site licenses are purchased. we are now hard coding the IP ranges into the software so that the user-experience is seamless, quick and easy.
Users with DirectIN keyboards and Button Boxes are now able to use these precision input devices without issue on Windows 7--send an email to service @ empirisoft.com for the fix if you are having any trouble with this.
On March 16, 2012, internal (IP based) site licenses were hard coded for:
- University of New South Wales, Department of Psychology
- Universitšt Augsburg, Department of Communication
- University of Central Michigan, Department of Psychology
- Michigan State University, Department of Communication
- University of Missouri, Kansas City, School of Business
- Ohio State University, Department of Psychology
- Norges Informasjonsteknologiske, Norway
- Universitšt Bielfield, Germany